Welcome to Renee Vevea Art!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Natural Elements - Solo Art Opening for Art on Park at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota

You are cordially invited to the opening reception for "Natural Elements" for their Art on Park ongoing solo art exhibits at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota. The reception is Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 4pm - 7pm at SMUMN, 2500 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN. Natural Elements will run thru February, 2013.

 ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~  ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~  ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~  ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~ 
Below is the promotional piece from SMUMN at http://www2.smumn.edu/deptpages/tclibrary/about/events/art_exhibits2012.php 

Renée Vevea

Natural Elements

Opening Reception: October 24, 2012, 4–7p.m.

Natural Elements embodies a keen interest in displaying my art in public to share the vivid colors, imagery, textures and abstractions developed in the painting process. Natural Elements brings many pieces embodying nature and the interpretation thereof including the use of natural found items for use in building texture, shapes and depth to the paintings. A uniqueness of most of my pieces is that they can be hung in no particular direction — vertically, horizontally, "upside down" — for many there is no "right" way; hence, many of my pieces are signed on the edge of the painting, not the front. I have a huge appreciation for art and believe it should be shared for all to view, ponder and, potentially learn from. Art oftentimes brings the viewer inside the piece or themselves, and evokes feelings and emotions, along with discussion.

I enjoy painting in acrylics because of their fluidity and flexibility with the many compounds I incorporate. I love to layer multiple colors and use many different types of compounds and water to layer paint onto the canvas. I am currently working on an EdD in Leadership at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota and work in the interactive/ecommerce field for a large company in Minneapolis. In addition, I am an adjunct faculty member for the Art Institutes International and teach a variety of courses part-time. I find inspiration all around me including nature, music, social interactions, social commentary, fashion, design and education. I bridge creativity and an abstract business approach with logic and linear thinking fully embodying the left brain right brain persona as evidenced in my dimensional paintings.


FallFloor
Acrylic with multiple compounds on canvas



2 comments:

  1. Your website is a gorgeous resource to get important info! Do you mind if I make a trackback of some of your blog posts on my personal blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice work of arts. I use some système acrylique on one of my art works.

    ReplyDelete